Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 60


Sunday, December 4, 2011

Well we have been here for 8 weeks now, wow where has the time gone?
 Today wasn’t too exciting on my end. Woke up early did a ton of laundry; my forearms are going to be quite strong by the time I get home with doing all this laundry by hand. Minus the laundry it was a relaxing day.
We went to get spaghetti omelets and it was a different guy than usual, well just say not as experienced so I got scrambled spaghetti omelet because it stuck to the pan. It was still good.  Nat joined us as well, and then we went and had coffee at Bill and Trixy’s.
Well I wasn’t feeling going to market today, but we went anyways, and Trixy drove us down there. After market we stopped in at Andrea’s place. When we got back, they did yoga and I went for a walk with Bill and Jordan. It was refreshing and not too hot.
I got to visit with Lizzy and my parents today! It is always so good to hear their voices, I miss them very much and I am thankful to have them in my life along with all of you people reading this (I think I have been in Cameroon for too long…I just wrote “all of you people”). Anyways as I was talking to my parents, Darius one of the younger church members came to our room. I told him I was talking with my parents so he said hello, he then went to my wall and looked at the picture and said, “Dad, I love the hair up on your face (as he pointed to my upper lip),” he then says and “Mom, I love your hair do, it’s very nice.” I thought that was very sweet of him to say hello to my parents and compliment them. 
It’s very interesting here because they call their elders either “mom or dad” or they call them “auntie and uncle”. I thought it was very nice of Darius to call my parents “mom and dad”, however that is their culture here.
After talking with my parents we went down and had dinner with everyone then we played a round of Apples to Apples, it was a lot of fun. We then called it a night. Goodnight everyone. It was so good to talk to you! I love you and miss you!

 Dad, you are very handsome, and mom you are oh so beautiful! I miss you both very much and love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment