Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Night Under the Stars

Day 64 - 67

December 8 - 11, 2011


This past week was pretty rough. When I had to work in the pharmacy, I realized I’m not as tough as I thought I was. I tried to let it go, but I couldn’t. But the one thing I did realize is that Africans have a very different way of expressing themselves. The culture here is much different than in the States. I love them all to death, but this week was hard for me to see through the sternness.
We also had another girl that came in who wanted money from us because she couldn’t pay for school to take her exams, but how were we to know whether or not she was truthful or not. We talked with her and got to know her and we felt as if she really did need help and that she had a rough life. Please pray for her.
I am so thankful for church family, a little girl this weekend was telling me to “come” by waving her hands so that we could pray together, so I wrapped my arms around her and she wrapped hers back and around my legs as much as we could while we prayed.  I am also very thankful for my family and friends back home. I got to talk to my parents and best friend Lizzy who will be coming in 5 days. I am so excited and every time I get to talk to my parents I am just so grateful for them and I love them so much! I miss them so much!
So last night we thought that we were going to be able to view a lunar eclipse, only to find out that it actually happened the night before. That was a bummer, but look on the bright side we got to spend the night under the stars and a full moon while in Africa. What a great way to spend the night, sleeping under the stars in Africa, it was so beautiful. The three of us girls and an African cat to keep the lizards and whatever other animals might come along; and then to top if off waking up to a stunning sunrise, it was a great way to the start of a new week.
This is going to be a good week. Woke up to an amazing sunrise. Enjoyed some ICED COFFEE. Spent the evening with great friends. Played Dutch Blitz. Talking with Mary and Tabby about our mission here. And I get to see my best friend in 5 days!

 Mary, Tabby and Myself sleeping under the stars and a full moon, it was awesome!

 Sunday morning sunrise, what an amazing sight to wake up to!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a fun experience and the sunrise was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete