Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 68 - God is Amazing!


December 12, 2011

Worship this morning was so touching. There was one lady who had lost her husband and she was “sick”, but she just wanted to thank God for allowing her to be alive and thank Him for showing her that she does have a purpose here. Then the girl that came on Friday was there this morning at worship and she told everyone her story in which she lost her mom when she was little and he father was never around and that she lives with her aunt and uncle and her aunt basically hates her. Mom Regina had prayer, and by the time prayer was over, there were about 3 people crying and everyone else was really moved by it, you could tell by all of the “amen’s”. I placed my arm around the lady sitting next to me to comfort her because she was one of the people crying during prayer. It was very moving prayer.

Trixy didn’t work today, so it was just a nurse clinic for the day. We saw a few people, but we weren’t super busy. However, a very good-looking German came in to the clinic today and Mary and I did the consultation. He was so cute!

After work we went and got some “corn” and then came back and made some popcorn. I worked on the Christmas letter for my mom. Spoke with my mom. Made my first online purchase in Africa and then got ready to head to church. Also Sharon the girl who came on Friday came to stop by and say thank you. She was so grateful; we helped pay for her schooling so that she could write her exams. When she came by we gave her food because she hadn’t really eaten all week long. Thanks to mom Regina, she took Sharon to the school today to help pay for it because we didn’t want to just give her the money, but mom took her and got most of it taken care of, however, mom got tired so she came back, which by then most of it was taken care of.

We went to the church for the health presentation; there were about 9 of us all together. Sarah did a nice job for being the first to present. She talked about rest. We sang some songs, and talked with everyone. I love all of the people in the church; they are all so sweet. After church we walked up the hill to Clerk’s quarters and got some beans and puff puff along with some soda. I made good use out of my flip flops tonight and opened one of the bottles with it. Once we were finished we had some man come and stand next to our table, but the waiter told him to leave and not to be in his shop, it was very nice of him.

When we got back to the compound, we went and got some frozen bananas, visited with Bill and then had lots of giggles. Today has just been full of giggles, I’m not sure why, but I guess it’s good to laugh every once in a while :). Came back to the room and was brushing my teeth we a cockroach ran along the sink. I definitely screamed. I had no were to spit, but I was not getting anywhere near that roach. I spit in the shower and Sarah helped with the destruction of the roach. SO GROSS! I then visited with my brother and Jamie and then called it a night.

Wow, there are so many things to be thankful for today! Sharon was grateful to get the help to allow for her to write her exams. We are grateful for mom Regina in taking the time to go to the school with Sharon. Thankful for our church family and friends. And thankful for rest. Today was just a good day! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment