Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 81 - Merry Christmas!


Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wow, I can’t believe it is Christmas, I’m bummed I didn’t get to spend it with my family, but I am so lucky to have my best friend Lizzy here with me, it makes me feel more at home!
This morning we got to sleep in, thankfully, it was so nice to be able to sleep in. Once we woke up we started on our process of making breakfast of the 7 of us. We made pancakes and Bill and Trixy made scrambled eggs and hash browns. We had a feast for breakfast. As soon as breakfast was finished we started working on the process of preparing dinner for many more people.

Sarah made her famous deviled eggs, and I helped her cut them out which was quite time consuming because we cut them like cracked eggs. I then washed up the veggies and Lizzy and I prepared them. We cooked them and then fried them up.

Lizzy and I had to find a white elephant gift tonight for the Christmas party so we walked down the street to see if we could find something. Nothing, today is Sunday first off and it’s Christmas day, so pretty much nothing was open. However, when I got back…I had an epiphany, I will do a s’mores kit including; marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate and a candle to roast the marshmallows over. This was only one. My next gift idea was a “coffee mug” inspired by the mountain, so I took a water bottle, cut the top off and Lizzy gave me the idea to wrap it with duct tape, so that what I did. In the “coffee mug” we created, I placed some Starbucks coffee along with creamer and Dove chocolate. It was fun putting these together.
 
Just as we finished putting them together it was time to head down. When we got down there, we had a table full of food. We took a few pictures while we waited for others to show up but then we decided to dig in. We blessed the food and enjoyed lots of food! I was so full when we finished eating. We then hung out and visited for awhile then dug into the delicious desserts!

The white elephant then began when a few more showed up. It was so much fun, some people had some entertaining gifts. Each individual person added to the game and made it interesting. I ended up with a notebook and some pens and gum. Lizzy ended up with some lotion (which she left here with me). By the time we wrapped everything up we were exhausted and ready for bed! Merry Christmas everyone! I missed all of you and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Love you all!

 Lizzy and I - I am so thankful to have her here with me!

The girls!


Our white elephant gifts

 Walters, Lizzy and myself

No comments:

Post a Comment