Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 93

Friday, January 6, 2012

A 4 day week in the clinic and we saw 90 patients, what a week. Normally on average we see 300 patients a month. We saw close to 1/3 of our patients for the month in 4 days! Wow, God is amazing!
Today was very busy for a Friday. I didn’t think it was going to be very busy because when we first came in there were very few patients and as the morning went on very few people came in, but just as we thought it was going to be a slow day, everyone came.
We were using both consult rooms. I honestly can’t remember everything we saw, but I’m sure there wasn’t anything TOO exciting. It was a good day in the clinic though. Although one thing happened that was very sad for me to see. One lady came in and we tested her for Chlamydia, and it came back positive. One of her questions was basically, how do you get Chlamydia if you are married and have never gotten it before. You could see her heart drop. Although Trixy gave her a good answer, chances are she got it because her husband was not faithful to her. It was heartbreaking.
After work today, Andrea came in and had a package and letter for me. I got a book from Opp & Seibold and everyone had signed it! That was so special to me, thank you all so very much! I also got Brandon and Jamie’s Christmas card; it was SOOO adorable!
The little Brandon was over this afternoon while Sarah was baking banana bread, so Brandon helped Sarah with the baking. I then started washing the floors, and Brandon came over and helped me with it. Sounds like child labor, but he offered to help, but he kept telling Sarah that if she needed his help to let him know. Anyways, after washing the floors, I felt very accomplished.
We then ate a little something and went to Bill and Trixy’s place and listened to a podcast. I worked on a bracelet while listening, but I got a little something out of it. I then came back to the room, watched some Grey’s Anatomy, then called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment