Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 95 - 3 months


Sunday, January 8, 2012

Well, this morning I woke up late thinking I didn’t have much to do. Well guess what, when I woke up everyone was out cleaning. I enjoyed a cup of coffee, then headed out to help everyone with the cleaning of the hospital and clinic. I helped clean off the railings. Prosper made it entertaining, put me up for a challenge of who could clean a set of railings the fastest. Surprising he won! Who would have thought a Cameroonian would be able to bet me at cleaning railings, my experience is they all work so slowly, not Prosper. He had a trick to it though, he used both hands instead of one to clean them, and even then I wouldn’t have thought they would be that efficient.
After cleaning we went out to the garden and visited with Mary and Tabby for a little while. I then went up and set up my hammock. I made a poppyseed “cake” that my mom sent me and then I spent a ton of time relaxing in my hammock. I read, looked up Cameroon and just hung out. It was so nice, not too hot, but I was almost too cold…for once.
Richard came over and gave all of us girls cabas that he had had made for us. It was so sweet of him. We visited with him and looked at pictures. We ate a little something then I headed up to the room. I watched the sunset while hanging out in my hammock.
I went into the conference room and skyped one of my good friend Eric Barcelo for a little while; it was so good to talk to him. I also skyped my parents, who I love being able to talk to and skype, they are so amazing and I miss and love them so much! I also got to talk to my best friend Lizzy who I am also very thankful for! She’s great! I spent a little time drawing and just hanging out. I then came in and called it a night. Goodnight

 Love my hammock!

No comments:

Post a Comment