Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 96 - Prayer


Monday, January 9, 2012 – Prayers!

Wow, today was so busy. I think we saw nearly 22 patients today along with some 4 echos. Today was extremely interesting. We saw some pretty sad cases, yet interesting.
Well for happy things, we saw a super cute little albino girl that came in, she had malaria which was sad, but it was crazy seeing albino come in, we haven’t had any babies come in. We dashed her some sunscreen because it is important that they protect their sick, the mother was so thankful, I love when they get dashed something because they are all so grateful!
We saw another patient who had severe headaches. Before examining her, she told us that she had been burned when she was little. I went to palpate her stomach and I lifted up her shirt and her whole stomach was full of scar tissue. It was tough skin, I felt so bad for the lady. It happened when she was little, but it is still a tough thing to go through. She also had one leg that was longer causing her to have scoliosis. It was very sad.
The three of us girls were sitting around and Trixy comes out and tells us to come into her room. A lady with a swollen eye is sitting there and we wonder what is going on and then Trixy asks her to show the medical students. When the lady took off her head wrap she had cancer that basically took over her whole scalp. She had basal cell carcinoma, which was diagnosed in 2010, but no one did anything about it. She has had this open wound on her head for the past 10 years and doctors kept treating her with antibiotics. I feel as if they are so nieve here, why wouldn’t someone do something if she has had this for so long! Also, the person who ordered the biopsy, why wouldn’t they send her straight to an oncologist with those results? Please pray for her, I am not sure whether they will be able to do anything about it now, it has basically taken over most of her head.
After work all of us girls went down to Molyko with Trixy to get some purses made. We also stopped at a shoe store…I bought a pair of Birkenstock sandals for 4000 francs which is 8 dollars, I don’t think I did too bad! We then stopped and got some fuel. I went to get my pants…but guess what they weren’t finished…whats new!?
I took the night easy, hung out relaxed and then called it a night. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment