Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 11

Sunday, October 16, 2011


It has been a little over a week that we have been here now! Crazy to think, it kinda feels as if I have been here longer than that now that I am getting familiar with everything. Today is my day to sleep in so I was sure to do so, I slept in until about 9 then decided it was time to get out of bed and get ready for the day, even though there is really nothing to do here. We “cleaned” our room and then decided to go to the market down in Muea.
We left for the market around 12:30, on our way down we stopped at Beno’s Bakery and got smoothies and chocolate filled croissants. It was delicious! We then kept on our long walk to the market; I would say it was about 3 to 4 miles, and it was hot! We walked around the market got some vegetables. We then met this girl who showed us around and took us to the “bakery” to get some bread. We explored the market some more then got a taxi to take us back to the clinic. 
 So i discovered Red Bull over here is actually called Run Bull, haha!

 This is Beno's bakery that had the chocolate filled croissants, so good!

 This is the view from the street on our long walk to Muea (moonya) market, so beautiful!

We bought some “sweet potatoes” at the market so we decided to cook those for supper, they actually turned out really well, but they are nothing like sweet potatoes in the states. After supper I again skyped my best friend, then headed to bed nice and early! It was a good weekend.
 And these would be our sweet potatoes, not orange, but a yellowish green tint to them, they weren't too bad.

1 comment:

  1. hey you should send me some of that "Run Bull"! i've been on an energy low since school started.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete