Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 14

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Well today was a new day. All there of us got to work with Trixy today. This morning she quizzed us on pneumonia and asked several questions about how to treat it. It was quite interesting and I learned a whole lot from her.

Today we saw a few people who were returning for their follow up appointments and most of them were feeling much better, so we must have done something right.

And guess what we even got a chest x-ray back that was abnormal and the patient had pneumonia, I would if Trixy planned that one? I don’t know.  We saw someone with Pelvic inflammatory disease and H. pylori, which is basically a bacterium that causes ulcers who also had “piles” which are hemorrhoids.  It was an interesting day.

It gets me every time when we are doing the history, I ask “do you have diarrhea?”, the patients response, “no, I shits fine”. Again excuse the French, but I find it quite humorous especially because I wasn’t quite sure if I understood them right with that kind of response the doctor’s office. I got a chuckle out of it today. Anyways we saw quite a few interesting cases today, each day we see similar things, however each patient is different, like I’ve said before health care is much different here, but interesting.

 Here I am trying to flip my tortillas the "real" way haha! It almost landed on the ground!

For lunch we went and enjoyed a spaghetti omelet again with Bill, Andrea and Sarah and of course myself. Then, tonight we made tortillas and had “Mexican” food; they were actually super good! We put beans and rice, sautéed onions and some avocado! Yum yum! Trixy cam up, we had a nice visit with her. Then got back to working on my homework for the night of studying ANGINA. It is quite interesting and very broad. Then after studying I wrote in my blog and now its time to hit the sack. Goodnight world! Oh and I hope you all love my new addition to the room, if you are not on it, it doesn’t mean I miss you any less! ;) Miss you all very much!


The process of making the tortillas and rolling them out!

This is our supper when it was all said and done, wow it was soooo good!

And the new addition to my wall, it definitely makes if feel more like home with all of those pictures up, I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment