Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 25


Sunday, October 30, 2011

Today was off to a slow start. Last night it was super windy and rainy, we lost power several times. When I woke up at 8 this morning it was still raining out, so we went down to see if we were still planning on heading to the beach, but everyone was still sleeping. So Sarah made pancakes and I went back to bed until 11 because there was no power. When I woke up Mary and Tabby came up a few minutes after and since it had stopped raining, we decided to go to the beach. At this time the power was back on, however there was no water. TIA, either you have electricity or you have water, but not both…at least not today!
I went and took a shower down at Tabby and Mary’s because they actually had water and it was even warm! After my shower I went and got ready to go and we headed to the beach! We first went by the Limbe Wildlife center to get something to eat. The food was so good, we had a pizza and bunny chow (sandwich with fries, avocado, lettuce and tomatoes).  We even had a smoothie, which was also good. After we ate some went through the wildlife center but some of us went to the bakery.
He's posing for us!

The group that went to Limbe at Arne's Cafe waiting for our food.

Spencer, Tabby and myself with our meals.

Arne's Cafe, it was super good!

After the bakery we went to the beach and walked around, it was a beautiful evening and really neat to walk around. We got to see the people and a ton of fishing boats and Tabby and Spencer even rode some horses on the beach. After walking around near the beach we decided it was time to head back.
When we got back to Buea, the whole town of Buea was out of electricity, it was super eerie. We lit some candles in the house got out our headlamps and played a round of Dutch Blitz (fyi) I won. After the power came back on we watched Bride Wars with everyone. After the movie we had a party eating junk food at Mary and Tabby’s then we headed up to go to bed. I tried skyping, but the Internet wasn’t very good, so I decided to go to bed, until the rain started…that made it hard for me to sleep! Anyways time to put my laptop away because I don’t want it to get rained on if it decides to rain extremely hard.


At the beach in Limbe.

 Tabby and Spencer on their horse at the beach!





Monica, Nadia and myself on the beach in Limbe

 An oil rig in Limbe...? What!? The sunset was so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment