Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 17

Sabbath, October 22, 2011



Well it’s official, today we have been here for exactly two weeks. Today it rained again so we got out of having to walk a mile uphill to get to church. I was super tired after little sleep last night, I pretty much slept through half of the sermon. We were there until 12:45, the pastor just kept going and going! After church, Bill, Trixy, Sarah and myself headed back to the house. When we got back Bill and Trixy invited us over for lunch, so we went up and got some pasta to make for lunch. After eating lunch with them, we visited for a bit. We ate some frozen bananas after pasta, they are a treat for us down here, and they are so good! We then came up to the room; I took a nap and talked to Lizzy on Skype for quite some time. AND I also got to Skype my parents for the first time, which was amazing, and I was so grateful to talk to them! I miss them and love them so much! I even got to see my grandma, which was really nice as well! We talked for a long time and it definitely made my day! After Skyping everyone I hung out listened to music, relaxed and then decided to call it a day. Nothing too exciting happened today that I can remember…however, I am typing this a couple days later, but weekends are usually uneventful!
The Adventist Church in Buea, its a very nice little church, and really neat because after church we all go outside and make a circle and shake everyone's hand! It makes me feel like a family!


Oh I forgot one thing…yesterday was the announcement of elections and everything went fine, Cameroonians are very chill and not much rioting with them. So thank the Lord for a safe day and a safe weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment