Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 24


Sabbath, October 29, 2011

Well today, I woke up later than planned, but I still made it down to Trixy’s on time to go to church and I even got to Skype my best friend! When we got down there she wasn’t quite ready so we decided to go to church instead. So I came back skyped a little more and then headed for church around 10:15. We got there around 10:45. The pastor talked about mockery; church here feels like it lasts for forever! After church we shook every ones hand then headed back down. All of us girls ate lunch together and we had rice and beans with some bread and guacamole and banana chips, it was interesting. I got coffee today and it was sooo good!
After lunch we came and took a little nap and then took Jordan for a stroll. Wherever Trixy took us it was super beautiful! When we got back we dropped off what we had brought and then went up to the market. I bought some colored pencils and they looked for costumes to wear to the Halloween party tonight, that wasn’t very successful, but it took forever!
We then came back and meet Spencer and visited with Tabby and Mary. Then we went and got ready to head to the LMFAO party. I wore my hair up to the side and a bandana; I’m not so good at dressing up! We drove the party. We meet a ton of people and most all of them were white because they were all peace corp volunteers. I felt like I was in America tonight, so when I saw a black man I felt like saying “black man” because all we hear here is “white man”. They had jello wrestling tonight in a little kiddy pool, haha it was interesting to watch and quite entertaining. It was a lot of fun to get out tonight. Spencer even did the jello wrestling!
When we got back I skpyed my lovely parents for a little bit along with Lizzy and her family, at least until the power went out. It was super windy and rainy out. I think its going to be a long night, all I can do is pray that the rain won’t come through the ceiling. Well I’m going to try and sleep through this storm. Goodnight.
Sarah and I in our "costumes"

Pumpkins...? Nope, someone carved the shuffle out of a watermelon, good idea huh!?

 Trixy and I dressed up at the LMFAO Halloween party!

No comments:

Post a Comment