Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 20

Tuesday, October 25, 2011


Well today was super slow in the clinic. This morning we did an inventory of all of the drugs and items that Monica and Nadia brought along. After we did the inventory, I helped with a few consults. Then the baby came in for another breathing treatment so I did that. I then hung out some more, and then went and ate some lunch. Then after that went back to the clinic and sat around again, at least until the baby came back for another treatment. I did the treatment then jumped in on a few more consults with Mary. Ever since the new interns have come, it has been a little slow for all of us “nurses”. 
Another picture of the breathing treatment we have been doing on the little baby girl

After work today, we went shoe shopping with Poclaire. It was a success, at least for me…well kinda. I got a pair of shoes for 7000 francs, which is $14. Super cheap, but then they wanted them back because I paid too little, so Poclaire threw them back at them, but they wouldn’t take them, so I made out like a bandit. Then we walked around the market for a bit and bought some things. We then went further down the street to find some bananas, but instead we got some bread and tartina (which is like nutella). We then headed back. Once we got back, I went and did another breathing treatment on the little girl.
We then made some sweet potatoes for dinner and had some popcorn and banana chips that Trixy had made. We watched Castle with them, then visited and decided to call it a night. Today was slow, which makes it super tiring, but I made it through it.
My "new" shoes I bought for $14, haha couldn't find that in the states.

 The beautiful view of Mount Cameroon! It's amazing!

1 comment: