Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 21


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Well today was kind of slow again. This morning, there was not much to do, however things in the clinic started to pick up, but the interns were in with Trixy again. I got to do one consult today with Trixy that went pretty well. We worked on a poster this morning for quite a bit. I also did another breathing treatment on the little girl, it’s taking a long time for her to heal and she needs our prayers, she’s only 3 weeks old, poor thing! We then just sat around and visited with each other.
This is Mary listening to the little baby's lungs.

Trixy left for lunch, however Mary and I decided to stay for a bit. A little schoolgirl came in and had a little gash in her head so we needed to put some stitches in. We brought her into the exam room, talked to her and then put her on the exam table. The resident tried cleaning it out and she was getting really antsy. She then tried to put some lidocaine around the wound using a needle and as soon as she got close to her the little girl went crazy and was flailing her arms everywhere, screaming and going nuts. The little girl was out of control! It was quite ridiculous if I might say. When Trixy got back they gave her a rectal injection to get her to calm down. They were eventually able to get her to calm down.
When I got back to the clinic the little baby was there so we did yet another treatment. Then we just hung out and visited again. We then all decided that after work we should go to the bakery.
So after work we went and visited with Bill then got ready to go, we took a taxi down to UB junction where the bakery was. We got a ton of stuff, and it was super cheap. After we ate we came back. We met Bill who was on his way out to stroll Jordan so I decided to go with him. We had a very nice walk, it felt good, I hadn’t been for awhile. Then once we got back I finished my laundry and all of us girls worked on making dinner.
Once dinner was made we took it down to Bill and Trixys and all of us were able to enjoy the cooked meal together. After we ate we visited then decided to head to bed. I talked to my best friend for a little bit and tried calling my momma, but she’s busy. So now here I am writing in my blog…it’s been awhile. Anyways goodnight world. Love and miss you all!
 Another beautiful view of the mountain, it has so many different looks to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment