Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 5


Today is day 5 of wearing the “same” clothes! This morning, Bill took us for a nice drive around the town of Buea in order to see it and get some money exchanged. On our way we went to the base of Mount Cameroon and had an amazing view looking down on the city of Buea. We then got some money exchanged…when we got back we had a nice long chat with Bill and he even made us some lunch; which I might add was pretty delicious.

I now have central african francs that I can use here! Yah!
This is Sarah, Tabby and myself looking down over Buea from old Buea town near the trailhead of Mount Cameroon

After lunch we decided to call the airlines because my bags still hadn’t arrived, so we called Douala, still no sign of my bags, however Sarah’s arrived on Monday. I then called Delta airlines back in the States and they said they hadn’t seen it, but hopefully it had gotten on the flight to Ethiopia and that I needed to contact Ethiopian airlines in order to figure out where my bag was because they were the ones responsible for it at this point. Might I add by this time I was getting extremely frustrated because they were just “assuming” my bag was on its way here. So I decided to call Ethiopian Airlines and just as I called, Bill’s phone rang…It was Douala airport saying that my bags had arrived. That was such a relief, God must have been in on this whole ordeal because not 30 minutes early, Bill had called and asked if my bags were in and they hadn’t seem them. So tomorrow we will go pick up our bags in the morning…thank you, some nice clean clothes will be extremely nice!
This afternoon we went for a walk around town and began to buy some things that we need to get in order to start making food once we get a stove, we also made a pit stop and got some ice cream. We then came back and hung out, made some supper and played some Dutch Blitz. Today was a good day, but seeing I barely got any sleep last night I think its time to go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. dang...look at those thousands$$$! you're even high rolling in Africa! That's what's up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to be able to get into clean clothes. Great to know that you have your bags. it looks beautiful there:)

    ReplyDelete