Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 12





Monday, October 17, 2011


Woke up, got ready to head to the clinic. Today we got to work with Trixy. We worked on History and Physical, lets just say I still have lots of learning to do and lots of practice in order to get it down perfectly. It was kind of a rough day, because right now I’m not so good at the history and physical, but I guess everything takes time and after all this is a learning experience. Besides not being very good at the History and Physical, I did learn a lot about different illnesses. We see everything from back aches, ear aches, gout, fungal infections, chronic eczema, asthma, lots and lots of malaria, neonatal care, and other various infections. This is just part of what we saw today. Monday is a very busy day for us in the clinic.
For lunch today we went across the street at ate beans and rice, we asked for the beans to be “empty”, which means vegetarian, but guess what…TIA (this is Africa), we still got meat. What kind of meat…who knows. J So after lunch we went back to the clinic and kept working.
After work we stopped by Bill and Trixy’s where we met Nate who is one of the U.S. Peace Corp. volunteers, he invited all of us girls out to dinner, so we decided we’d go. Before we went, Sarah and I went and got some soft serve ice cream for 100 francs. We then came back relaxed and headed to dinner around 5. I had an “empty” fajita, and cherry pop; it was quite good. The only thing that wasn’t good is it took about 2 hours to get our food, but then again, TIA. After dinner we went and got some more ice cream, this was real ice cream. We then came back and relaxed, however it is now time for me to call it a night. So goodnight world. And to everyone reading this, I miss you all very much! Love you Mom, Dad, Brandon and Lizzy 
Me in my scrubs after work with ice cream number one!

Mary and I at Jim's Grill where we ate supper on the "patio" with all of the ants!

The beautiful view from the patio, it had an amazing view of the mountain as well!

My mexican fajita that I ordered...it was good, just different than the states.

 And ice cream number two after we ate some dinner, this was good, but doesn't even compare to the ice cream that we had in Douala.

No comments:

Post a Comment