Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 30

Friday, November 4, 2011


Today I woke up and got to chat with Lizzy for a few minutes, which was really nice. After talking to her I headed down to worship. I helped check people in for most of the morning. I think I may have seen one patient today who was pregnant and complaining of back pain. We took care of her and then the rest of the day, I continued helping check patients in, it wasn’t super busy today. Nadia and Monica then did a presentation for us on taking histories and physicals. I found it extremely helpful to listen to them. I have been learning so much the past month, and it is extremely exciting for me to learn this much! I feel pretty accomplished; I just need to work on my history and physicals.
After work we went and made some grilled cheese and popcorn. The grilled cheese were very good, and a nice change. After we hung out for a bit until Andrea came and got us to head to the orphanage.
We took two taxis to checkpoint and then from checkpoint 7 of us piled in one taxi who took us all to the orphanage. When we got there, all of the kids greeted us and gave us a hug. They then showed us around, but we came at the wrong time because they were just about to sit down and eat some dinner, so we called the taxi back and he took us back to the clinic.
Five of us girls in the back of the taxi! The other two and the driver are in the front!



All of the little kids at the orphanage! I am so excited to go back!

When we got back we made tortillas while Monica and Nadia made veggies and rice. Once we were done making tortillas we all went to Bill and Trixy’s and we all sat down and had a nice dinner together, it was absolutely amazing and everyone enjoyed it. It was a good way to end the week and a great way to start the Sabbath. We even made dessert. We had sliced bananas, with chocolate drizzled on them with brown sugar, granola and a drop of peanut butter in the middle. This was also amazing and the best dessert I have had so far! We all think we should start a restaurant down here because we all cook together so well!
Anyways, it was a great evening with friends, however I do miss my friends and family back home very very much! It’s time to call it a night! I love you all very much! And Happy Happy Sabbath!
I love the Sexy Hair Spray that was used as a rolling pin!

This is our meal all prepared! Homemade salsa, tortillas, and our veggies! It was delicious!

The gang eating our delicious supper that we made!

No comments:

Post a Comment