Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 31


Sabbath, November 5, 2011

I can’t believe I have been here a month already; it has gone by so fast! Happy Sabbath by the way! Well today we woke up got ready for church and began the long hike up to the church in the hot sun. By the time we got to the church I was sweating, and I thought to myself…I really hope I put deodorant on today, but then I realized it won’t matter because no body wears it here and everyone smells.
Church here is so much different than at home, it is extremely hard to hear because of everything going on and then makes it even harder because it is translated into English or French, so they are almost talking over each other. So today I was about to fall asleep in church, but the man sitting next to me kindly woke me up! Church was forever today, because there was a baby dedication along with the usual.
After church, the family whose baby was being dedicated provided the church family with food. And it was amazing to experience the African cooking, it was all extremely delicious! We even got to enjoy a cup or two of falari (I don’t know how to spell it), but it is an African sweet drink and it was super good!
When I got back from church I sat around and then took a long nap. After my nap I went for a stroll with Bill and Trixy. When we got back I helped Trixy with an ultrasound that she was going to do earlier until the power went out on her. This ultrasound was not however an exciting one, it was an unfortunate one, this girl had had a miscarriage. It was so sad to see her reaction even though she already knew before the echo, it was still hard for her to hear it again.
We then went to market and bought some plantains and fried some up with sugar and cinnamon. We went down to Bill and Trixy’s watched a movie and then after that decided it was time to go to bed. Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment