Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day - 50 Turkey Day!


Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Well today is going to be a good day! It’s Thanksgiving and we are going to have a feast! Today work wasn’t super busy. Emmanuel was there which made things much easier. To be honest I don’t remember all of the patients that we had seen, but it wasn’t super crazy. I did one IV injection, but it didn’t work out so well for me today.
So Mary and I were hungry at about 1:30 or so, so we decided to go back to the room and grab a bite to eat, however that was difficult because all of the pans to cook something were being occupied. Instead of eating we just decided to help Sarah and Tabby who had been working on preparing food all morning long. We were so busy preparing food that we didn’t even go back to work!
We made all sorts of yummy dishes. We made, apple crisp, sweet potatoes, tofu, stir fry, and deviled eggs. It pretty much took all day up until it was time to eat, mainly because of the limited amount of pots and burners that we had.
Everyone came together around 7:00 and brought something with them, there were all kinds of different dishes. They were all very tasty as well! I had a wonderful time socializing with people and getting to know those who I had never met before. It was a great evening, and it took the sadness of not spending Thanksgiving with my family away.
After everything was finished, it was late and I was exhausted, however I needed to talk to my family! I Skyped the whole family, and it was amazing! I saw everyone and prayed with them; blessing the meal, they sat down to eat and I called it a night! I got to spend the first part of their meal with them and it made my day! It was so good to see everyone and I love you all! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Thanks to all of you, it was a good one, even though I didn’t spend it with my family, I made the best out of it because of everyone! It’s late, so goodnight! I am thankful for all you reading this!

The dessert table...it was delicious!

Walters and I getting some dessert, after being totally stuffed!

Those of us who came, but didn't leave very early, there were even more than those in the picture!

 Personally, my favorite dessert...peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate! Soo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment