Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 49 – Cockroach and Lidocaine


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Last night I woke up to use the restroom and guess what I found, a cockroach! Luckily I turned on the light in the bathroom! First one we have found in our room thankfully, and hopefully the last! So when I got up this morning…the roach wasn’t there…? Well today was a slow day in the clinic, well at least this afternoon. This morning we had one patient come back who has been having inflammation in the knee, it isn’t getting any better, but to numb the pain we did an injection in the knee with lidocaine. Trixy let me do the injection, she showed me where to do it and I did my first injection into the joint. It felt amazing, at least for me, no so much for the patient!
Mary and I saw another patient who had a swollen foot because of an infection, she did her labs, but was tired and didn’t want to stay any longer, so she just went home, no treatment or anything.
So after we ate lunch, there were really no other patients in the clinic, so we talked about menopause and contraceptives, it was quite interesting and we all had a good time visiting this afternoon. When we finished work we headed up to the Post Office and then walked up to the bank.
After returning we relaxed and then decided to make some spaghetti, we had that for dinner along with some soy nuts made by Trixy and a few other random things. We watched Castle and then headed back up to the room. As I was about to post on my blog, wouldn’t you know it…the power decided to go out, what’s new again, after all this is Africa. Anyways I think I’m going to call it a night shortly here. So goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment