Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 32


Sunday, November 6, 2011

I actually woke up early today, that rarely happens on a Sunday I must admit! I woke up took a shower and did some laundry. Today laundry even gave me blisters! After I finished I went and enjoyed a cup of coffee with Bill and Trixy and visited with them for quite some time! I then went up and made some peanuts because I was starving! Then we decided to head to market.
We got a bag full of things today at market, so that was successful. We even got some fresh baked bread and boy was that delicious! As soon as we got back we had one loaf eaten between the 6 of us and a half jar of jelly. So good!
Shortly after we finished the bread we made some cookies to take to Richards house and once the cookies were finished we headed for Richards, they were pretty much done by the time we got there! We sat around for a bit visiting then Richard made us so food so we all ate together! We had authentic African food and it was actually quite good. After dinner Tabby and I were doing dishes and she showed me why she hadn’t finished her whole plate…well that was because there was a worm in her food. I definitely lost my appetite. However, Richard did a great job and the food was really good, he’s a sweet guy and would have been embarrassed if he would have known about it!
After we finished with the dishes we taught them how to play Uno so we played for a couple hours. Africans love to change the rules of the game as we play, so that was very entertaining, but lots of fun! When we decided to head out, Richard walked us all the way back to the clinic. What a nice guy!
When we got back it was late, but fortunately I got to talk to my parents for an hour and then we had a three-way conversation with Brandon and Jamie as well! It was so nice talking to all of them and catching up! I miss them all so very much and hearing their voices just made me feel so much better, it made my night for sure! I also got to chat a little with my best friend, which was really nice as well! I miss you all and love you all very much! I can’t wait for you to come visit!
 Our delicious meal, which it was quite good, minus the little worm after the fact! haha oops!

 Richard did such a good job cooking, everything was amazing!

The group playing Uno together, it was so much fun!

 Richard and his brother, they were great hosts!

No comments:

Post a Comment