Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 43 - Ultrasounds


Thursday, November 17, 2011

Last night I went to bed way too late, and I woke up way too early this morning. I woke up around 5:30 in order to say good-bye to Monica and Nadia. Then after saying my good-byes I went back to bed for about an hour.
When we got to the clinic this morning, we couldn’t get into the pharmacy because the key wasn’t working so Te Claire climbed through the window to get in. Someone finally came over to fix it. We weren’t super busy at first, but we had many echos today. Today was such a good day. I got to do an IM injection and I also got to perform two ultrasounds. Let me just tell you, it’s much harder than it looks. It took me forever to find some things.
The first ultrasound I did turned out pretty well because she was only about 20 weeks, so the baby was much smaller, however the next one she was about 38 weeks along which makes it much more difficult! The first ultrasound I performed I was able to determine the sex all by myself. I found the labia and guess what I was correct, Trixy said that I was correct and that it was a female. The next one was much harder, however once Trixy found it I could tell it was a male, the genitals at 38 weeks are much more developed. I have found that ultrasounds are extremely difficult, and it takes a lot of muscle to perform one! It was a great learning experience today with all of the ultrasounds, I felt very accomplished.
After work, Mary and I taught an antenatal class on the 2nd trimester. We had two very sweet women there. I thought we did a good job teaching the class for it being our first time. It went well and I think the two women were pleased with it.
Once the women left we had a bible study together. We talked about baptism, it was very interesting to here every ones view on it. I kinda fell asleep towards the end, but I got most of it. We then went and ate leftovers from last night and watched a movie. I then caught up on blogging and am going to call it a night because l was up late last night. So goodnight world. Love you and miss you all very much!

Today was a good day, I learned a lot and am starting to feel much more confident in what I am doing, God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment