Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 48


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today wasn’t super busy right at first, so Trixy left to do some things and we took in one patient and started doing her history and physical. Trixy then came back and we decided she needed to do a pelvic echo. We saw a few other patients and the one I remember the most this morning was the little kid that had a rash all over his body. At first it looked like scabies, but also like secondary syphilis, we ran some test and found it was probably a cross between the two.
At lunchtime all of the girls decided to go to market, but I wasn’t really feeling it so I decided not to go. When I got back to work we saw a lady who may have cancer of the ear called Cholesteatoma. We then saw our first albino in clinic! He was such a nice guy, however we ran some tests on him and were still not sure what’s wrong. We then saw a little girl who was afraid of the doctor and cried the whole time basically. Anyways so our last patient needed an echo for a threatened abortion, but they decided not to do it today, so maybe they will come tomorrow.
After work, Mary and I went to market to get some potatoes, we got a huge bag of them and then I carried them back while Mary went and got us some sugar. I then got ready to go.
This evening Mary, Trixy and I went to a drug promotion at the Eta Palace Hotel in Molyko. We walked there…it is quite a walk, but a good one. We were kinda late, but its Africa, I don’t think anyone is on time. It was very interesting, we learned about lower respitory infections, and then learned about the drug Augmentin that is used to treat it. After the program, they provided us dinner. It wasn’t too bad.
Before leaving the hotel we went and looked at one of the rooms, they were actually quite nice, definitely not like America, but they were nice. We then caught a taxi back up to the Clinic where Sarah and Tabby were finishing up making tofu for Thanksgiving dinner. We ate some watermelon then headed up to the room. Just as I thought I was going to call it a night we decided to do ab-ripper. Soon after ab-ripped I called my parents and went to bed! I miss you all very much! Love you Mom and Dad! It was so nice to talk to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment