Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 34


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Today was pretty busy, but not super busy. We saw a patient this morning that had a boil on his knee and it was infected, so we tried draining it, we didn’t use any pain relievers, and we just cut him open. It was rather exciting, but not much came out of it. I then went and helped Te Claire in the pharmacy.
Nadia and I made grilled cheese for lunch and it was quite delicious! Then this afternoon I again helped out in the pharmacy, however we did see one patient with an interesting case, however we couldn’t help him so we sent him to a surgeon up at the general hospital.
After work today, Mary and I went to market to get a few things before all of us girls were going to go together. We got some ice cream to those still in the clinic, but they had already left to go to the market. Mary and I dropped off what we had then went back to market to find them because Te Claire was making dinner for us. We found them! So we went and go the ingredients to make dinner, along with some falari to make some tomorrow!
When we got back we all pitched in in order to make dinner, we had plantains and some other African dish that I cant spell. However, it all turned out really well! Then a few of us girls decided to go to the bakery up the hill. So we got a taxi, when we got to the top the taxi driver told us he wanted 800 rather than 400 which is what he initially told us, and we told him no, paid him 400 and got out. When we go to the bakery, everything we wanted was out, so we decided to get apples instead.
We had apples and Bambi (chocolate/hazelnut) and some fried plantains. It was a good way to end the evening around 7:30. When I got back to the room I worked on a little something for someone J and then I called it a night, because I haven’t been feeling too well. Anyways goodnight everyone!

Oh and I just went to the bathroom, and yeah big spider! Like the size of the base of a mug, it was huge! Thanks to Sarah, she took a picture then killed it, sorry little spider, but I don’t do well with you all around!

 HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! I could hear you at home:) You are lucky someone was there to take care of it.

    ReplyDelete