Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 46


Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Lizzy Kim! :)

I can’t believe I have been here for a month in a half now! It’s been quite the ride, but a good one! Well today was a rough start. Anyways.
Precious one of the boys from the church brought his dog by, it is so cute. I have no clue what kind of dog; it’s a mutt, but a cute one. Then after that I ran back up to the room and was going to go back down to play some soccer, but I didn’t quite make it back down in time.
After that, my day was over. We spent the 10 hours getting my hair braided. We got to the hair place around 10 and she didn’t show up until 11:30…its Africa. Then when she got there she didn’t have our color hair, so we walked to a store to get some. It was closed so luckily we ran into Darius who translated and told us she had to go to Muea market to get some. We gave her money and she left to market and we headed back to the shop.
We kept waiting for her to return, “is it this taxi”, “it has to be the next one”, and “she should be back soon, its not gonna take more than an hour”. After 2 hours of waiting, she finally returned and she started on our hair at 1:30.  I finished before Mary did and then she finished around 9:30 or so. As soon as I was finished I ran behind the building and relieved myself, I couldn’t hold it any longer.
Tabby and Sarah brought us some lunch but by the time we were finished at 9:30 we were starving. When we got back we ate some fried plantains and a frozen bananas. We were tired and our heads hurt, so we decided to call it a night. This will be interesting with the 10 lbs of hair that I now have.

 
Mary and I before

 Mary during the process
Myself during the process

Almost finished...after 8 hours...my goodness!

 Finished! Taken at about 9:30, these ladies I am sure were ready to go home to their family!

No comments:

Post a Comment