Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 47


Monday, November 21, 2011

This morning since all of us had our hair done we decided it would be a good time to take pictures of us in our African dresses. After pictures we went back to the clinic.
Today felt kind of slow for a Monday, but we did have quite a few patients to see this morning. Mary and I took a few patients to see them and then after we saw them we told Trixy what we found and what we wanted to do. We also brought her into see some of the patients we were unsure of.
We all ate lunch together because we had leftover black beans and some sautéed onions. It was quite good. Then for dessert we had cookies with bambi chocolate and frozen bananas.
When we got back to the clinic, we did an echo and saw maybe one or two patients. One of the patients was after the echo at around 2:45 or so. The patient had a little girl and so I played with her while they examined. She was so cute. By the time they were finished, I was sweating because it was so hot in the room with all of us in there.
After work all of us girls worked on a “music video”. You all may be able to see it if you look back in about a month or so. Anyways that was interesting, so after the making of the video we hung out. I did laundry which takes 20 times longer in Africa, but look on the bright side I’m gonna be buff by the time I leave! Then after doing laundry Sarah and I made some fettuccine alfredo again, it was delicious.
This evening Sarah and Tabby decided to take their hair out. I was going to help, but I decided not to, I decided to take it easy and get some alone time because that is hard to find here. So I hung out wrote letters home and then decided to go to bed.
Having some alone time was really nice to just catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment