Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 40


Monday, November 14, 2011

It’s Monday, it’s going to be a busy day. When we got to the clinic we already had patients there waiting to be seen. After worship we saw a bunch of patients. The first patient was there for “sugar sugar” which none of us had a clue what it was, but come to find out it means that they have “vaginal itches” who would have guessed?
We also saw a lady today who had a boil on her breast and it was full of pus. Trixy drained it and I helped with getting everything together that she needed in order to get the pus out. She had to make an incision in order to get it out; it was quite interesting if I must say.
We then went and got some lunch.  We did a bunch of orthostatics this afternoon. When we returned we saw a few more patients. One family came in who all had scabies. The little boy ran to me while I was sitting out front and I kinda picked him up and then told him to go back to his mom. Now I feel really bad for doing that after hearing about their situation.
So after work I was bored so I made some popcorn and then went to check on the boy in the hospital with Mary because I thought we were going to be spending the night in the hospital with him. So then after that we came up to the room where Sarah had made fettuccine alfredo, it was so delicious! Then after that we made the left over plantains. We then went down to Bill and Trixy’s and played some cards with Trixy.
Like I said I thought I was going to spend the night in the hospital, but I ended up going to my room to sleep. So I skyped and worked on drawing some things, then called it a night. Goodnight! 
Sarah with the alfredo sauce that she made from scratch!

No comments:

Post a Comment