Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 36


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Well today I did my first IV injection! I hit the vein first try and it felt super good, I was really nervous at first, but after it was all said and done, I felt super good! Today there was a student doctor from University of Buea. I was with them in the consult room all morning and it was really interesting the way that he went about things.
So we saw some patients with malaria, erectile dysfunction, a teenager who was still wetting the bed and asthma. We also had a lady come in for an echo which was nice, because Trixy asked me to find the placenta, which I found it, but I wasn’t able to trace it so I asked for some help from her! It was still pretty awesome! Anyways it was a good day.
After work today Mary and I made some popcorn and then took it up to the conference room and hung out with Andrea while she taught her antenatal classes to one patient. It was interesting. So we decided not to do the bible study this week because we were going to head to dinner shortly after the class.
We went to A-1 Bakery for dinner tonight down in Molyko. All of the things I wanted to order were unavailable…oh the joys of living in Africa. So I got an egg and mayonnaise sandwich. I was one of the first people to order my meal. The last people who came about 30 minutes late were the first ones to get their food. This sweet lady brought our food out and asked what we had ordered, when she left I could hear her headed to the kitchen and she was not happy, it sounded like that lady who had taken our orders got it all wrong! Anyways, so we finally got out food, and it was slightly disorganized, but it all worked out and I’m definitely not starving!
After dinner, we all piled in the rig and then headed home. When we got back I went straight to bed, I was tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment