Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 51


Friday, November 25, 2011

The clinic was kind of slow again today. First patient today came in with body pains all over…very non-specific. How are we supposed to diagnose this one? We had one echo today. We also saw another patient who was a little baby of 1 year old and extremely dehydrated. The baby was crying, but wasn’t producing any tears. We tried to put an IV in, but she kept crying and kicking, so every time we got it in, she would move and knock it out. We decided to do ORS for her, and come to find out it worked because when we got back this evening, there was no baby in the hospital, and no body was staying the night.
Around 12:30 or so we decided to go grab a bite to eat because the clinic was slow. We ate and never went back. Andrea came up and gave me a slip for the post office to pick up a package. So after lunch Sarah and I headed up.
I was just expecting one package from the SM office because Sarah and I both got the same slip. But come to find out, I received 3 packages. One was from the SM office and the other from my parents. The lady at the post office went to the back room and came out with a large package, and told me that it had been there for almost a month and asked if I had received a slip. I definitely never received a slip, but I have been waiting for the package and I finally got it! I was so happy! Thank you Mom and Dad and Lizzy!
When I got the package, it had a big whole in the side of it and I was sure that that was going to be a mouse in there and all of the food would be eaten. When I got back I decided to open it outside. Luckily, no mice or rats and only one bag had been gotten into, but I’m pretty sure it’s still edible.
After opening my package, Mary, Tabby and myself, decided to go “black Friday” shopping down in Molyko. We walked around, then went to the bakery and had a soda along with a pastry.
When we got back we relaxed, then decided to make some popcorn and guacamole. It was all super delicious. After eating we went back up, I talked for a bit on skype and then decided to call it a night. Goodnight! And thank you for the package; it was a wonderful Thanksgiving gift! You are all amazing and I am so grateful and thankful for you all!


Best package ever, plus the fact that I have been waiting for forever as well! Thanks Mom, Dad and Lizzy! Love you!

Yep, I'm pretty sure something got into this one!

Do you think its still edible!? Who cares, were in Africa right!?

 Hand Sanitizer is always good! Thanks Mom and Dad, Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment