Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 55 - No more hair!


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Today was a pretty good day. Clinic was pretty busy and we saw quite a few. While Sarah and Trixy were working together, Mary and I were examining patients in the other room. Since I am writing this a day later than usual, I am having a little bit harder time remembering what we saw today. We saw one patient who sounded like she had traveled outside of Cameroon because of her mannerisms, however we asked her and she said she hadn’t left Cameroon. She came into the clinic and we asked her what the problem was and she said, “Nothing…I’m pregnant.” She also was afraid of taking her clothes off in order to check the cervix, which most Cameroonian women don’t have a problem with.
They lady with severe malaria returned today, she was going crazy so we gave her something to calm down so that she could sleep, she did, but she was still out of it. Her family came and the little girl just came up to me and started hugging me, it was so cute!
We then went to market; it was blazing hot and not very much fun because we had to get so many things!
After market I started taking my hair out. Then Christiane started helping me and then Trixy came and helped, along with Sarah and Tabby, even Andrea came and helped out. Then it was time for the clinic to close so people slowly started leaving. So we migrated to the porch outside of Trixy’s house. Then Janelle and her mom came out and helped finish out my hair. After about 1 hour and 45 minutes, with the help of 7 people, Andrea, Janelle, Dawn, and myself finished the last of my hair.
Once we were finished we ate some supper, after supper we visited for a while, ate some dessert and then it was time for me to wash my hair! It felt so amazing! However, I felt as if I didn't have any hair left because when I showered I think I lost about 10 lbs of hair!
 The little girl that came up and just held on to me, she wasn't letting go either, but she was adorable!






The process of taking my hair out, I think I had at least 10lbs of fake hair, okay maybe not that much, but I had a lot! Ahh, I love Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment